We all have cancer cells in our bodies. Standard medical tests do not detect them until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies it means they have not grown and multiplied to a detectable size.
A strong immune system will destroy cancer cells and prevent them from multiplying and forming tumors. Nutritional deficiencies; whether due to genetic, environmental, food or lifestyle factors; encourage the growth of cancer. People with an acidic lifestyle and diet especially encourage the growth of cancer cells.
The following list includes foods to be avoided:
1. Acidic foods include animal meats, dairy, fermented foods like soy sauce, sugars like sucrose, dextrose, glucose, lactose, maltose, fructose, honey, and artificial sugars. Sugar, especially, is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar you eliminate one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with aspartame, a harmful neurotoxin.
2. Carbonated water, soda pop, sport drinks, weight loss drinks and energy drinks that contain any of the following ingredients- phosphoric acid, carbonic acid, caffeine, citric acid and any form of artificial sweeteners, or natural sugar encourage an acidic environment and need to be cut from the diet.
3. Milk, and other dairy, cause the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus.
4. A meat-based diet is acidic. It is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Most commercially produced meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
5. Do not fry or charbroil foods, and eat as many foods raw as possible.
6. Reduce exposure to chemical toxins. These may be found in cosmetics, cleaning supplies, lawn and garden supplies, air and water pollution, and construction materials.
The other side of the equation is that there are several things a person can do to create a healthy internal environment that will discourage the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
The following list includes things that should be done to discourage cancer cells:
1.Some foods have an exceedingly high ability to combat cancer. These include:
Berries, cherries, red grapes, tomato, garlic, kale, artichokes, nutmeg, parsley, turmeric, nutmeg, maitake mushrooms and green tea.
2.Eat meat that has a high omega-3 fat ratio. This includes fish and animals that live in the wild and forage, or are raised in a free-range environment.
3. Eat as many fresh organic vegetables as possible. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.
4. Drink only purified water.
5. More than 200 epidemiological studies, and more than 2,500 laboratory studies; according to epidemiologist Cedric Garland, DrPH, professor of family and preventive medicine at the UC San Diego School of Medicine; promote the value of Vitamin D in building a healthy immune system.
6. Cancer cells hate oxygen. Exercise oxygenates the body and drives down insulin levels.
7. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) states that 85% of disease is caused by emotions. This means you must have methods for to relieve your emotional stress. Meditation, breathing exercises, tai chi, chi gong, emotional freedom technique can effectively address emotional stress.
8. Get enough sleep nightly.
9.Nutritional deficiencies promote a weakened immune system, which promotes cancer. In addition to diet supplements may be needed to strengthen weak areas of the body and allow the immune system to thrive. Get checked for necessary supplements.
10. Get adjusted. Although this is last on the list it is as important as anything else. Chiropractic adjustments do not heal anything, but they allow the nervous system to operate at peak efficiency. The nervous system is the key to all other systems of the body operating at peak efficiency. Only one question needs to be asked, “Would you rather attempt to regain your health with, or without, a nervous system that is fully functional?” If you answer with a fully functional nervous system, then you need to be adjusted. There are numerous studies that demonstrate the positive impact of a chiropractic adjustment on the nervous system.
Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc
Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
Carefully weigh, consider, and discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of chemotherapy and radiation. There are times when those procedures save lives. If this is one of those times, then all of the above procedures and statements still apply. The healthier you are going into any invasive procedure, the better your response and recovery will be.