We all know athletes must train to improve. Our brains are no different. There are exercises for manifesting the Law of Attraction. With these exercises the person with the most clarity wins. To be most effective that clarity needs to focus on the values and beliefs you want to exhibit. Too often people focus on what they want. This approach puts the cart before the horse and often results in attracting things that end up leaving a person with an empty feeling. First be the person who will attract the things you desire. Then, have faith in the order of the universe to deliver what you want. Sometimes you will find that your desires change as you develop your belief system and values.
The Law of Attraction is the transformation of yourself into something greater, rather than the accumulation of earthly goods. A key is to stop self sabotage (limiting beliefs and negative self talk), and to constantly expand yourself mentally and physically. Expansion is more important than elimination because it is more about positive action, and the universe responds to positivity.
It is important to keep these factors in mind when using the action steps.
- Slow down the left-brain to a meditative state daily, and maybe more than once a day. This allows the creative right brain to express itself. This can be done with meditation, prayer, breathing exercises, biofeedback, light and sound machines. You just need to pick something and start doing it. Contemplation is the father to thinking.
- When the brain is slowed down, then you can create clearer, more constructive goals. A clear goal is the result of asking questions that correlate with your values. Review and/or revise your goals everyday. Even say them out loud.
- Once you have clear and concrete goals, then you can start the process of visualizing them. Clarity and detail determine the effectiveness of the visualizations. The clearer you can see a picture the more likely it is to happen.
- A clear picture is the beginning of an achievable dream. The dream begins with a clear picture of your beliefs and values. The Dream is the thing that connects you to bigger powers outside of your self. This can be the universe, God, or anything else you want to call it. The important thing is to realize that there is a bigger thing than you out there and when you are aligned with it everything is easier. When you oppose this thing it is like swimming upstream.
- Once you can see clearly what your dream is you will be able to come up with great affirmations to keep you reminded of where it is you are going. However, you must not wait to start affirmations. Come up with some affirmations immediately, and say them many times a day, out loud. Like the preceding action steps, a good affirmation comes from a clear value system.
- Perhaps as important as anything is to consistently express gratitude. It is a good idea to have a gratitude journal where you write down every thing that happened that day and understand why you should be grateful for that thing. It can be things like a smile from a stranger, or having a home and job to go to. Use this journal to learn to see the positive side of things that ‘push your buttons”. This is a great way to define your belief system.
- Another journal where you simply force/allow yourself to develop your thoughts daily in an attempt to see yourself and your world more clearly is also a good strategy.
- Read and learn something every day, even if only for a short amount of time.
- Become more aware of all negative self-talk and train yourself to immediately respond to negative self-talk with a counterexample.
- Exercise daily, but do not beat yourself up when you fail to reach your exercise goals. Strive to exercise for a little bit rather than tell yourself that you do not have enough time to finish your workout. Working hard for 1 minute is better than nothing.
- Eat better than you did the day before, then than you did the week before. Be kind to yourself when you eat something you decided to give up, or eat more than you intended.
Realize that if you decide to do all of this you will fail at times and that is ok. But, do not give up and keep pushing yourself to accomplish more. Nothing changes in an instant, but with patience, growing clarity, and perseverance everything can change.
Leave a Reply